A blog for web 2.0 exploration

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

#23 wrap-up

Overall, the webthing challenge was enjoyable and worthwhile, and it was useful to be explore all of the web 2.0 things, even if I didn't care much for what I found on a couple of them. For instance, although I found little on YouTube to inspire me personally, it is a phenomenon that is very exciting and a great forum for everyone. I already knew about LibraryThing but because of this challenge I learned more it and it's probably the one I talked-up the most to my family. As for what the library should get more involved in, maybe some of the applications that enable collaboration between staff at different branches (Googledocs). And it might be a good idea to add some computer classes for the public that explore some of the same things in the challenge. What I liked the least was that while I would have loved to thoroughly investigate some of the Web 2.0 services, by the time I did the basics of each step of the challenge, so much time was already spent that I couldn't devote more. Will Web 3.0 provide some way for us to bend time?

No comments: